Mrs. Wilczak's Science Class
This year we will study Earth and space science, which includes Earth's systems, human impacts, history of Earth, space systems, and weather and climate.
According to the Next Generation Science Standards, the following is essential for all students in a science class:
1. Asking questions and defining problems
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
In science class, we will work on developing collaboration, problem-solving, decision-making, and inquiry skills. We will formulate questions and hypotheses, plan experiments, conduct observations, interpret and analyze data, draw conclusions, and communicate results.
Please check back often for important information.
See the calendar below for upcoming homework and assessments: