7th Grade Literacy and Written Expression
My name is Ms. McKee, and I am your seventh grade English Language Arts teacher for the 2018-2019 school year!
Use this website as a resource for homework and
important upcoming dates.
Please note that while "homework" is posted on the calendar, it is subject to change as we progress through the lessons. Your child's agenda will have the most up-to-date information.
What to Expect this Year:
- Vocabulary development through root words, prefixes, and suffixes
- Grammar review, instruction, practice, and improvement
- Compositional risks in writing
- Focus on narrative, expository, and argumentative writing
- One research assignment
- Achieve 3000
- Improvement of nonfiction reading skills
- Four Common Assessments in Literacy; Four district writing tasks in Written Expressions
**Extra Help is available on A and E days in room 135.**
Feel free to email me with any questions--I am always here to help!