Welcome to Mrs. Coulter's Webpage
I am the 8th Grade School Counselor.
I will be your school counselor during the three years you attend our school, and I am committed to helping you succeed while you're here.
My webpages will include my classroom lessons, student services activities and events, and tips for middle schoolers.
Resources for Parents and Guardians
- Mental Health Resource Phone Numbers click here
- Mental Health In-District Resources for COVID-19 Click Here
- Mental Health Out-of-District Resources for COVID-19 Click Here
- Social-Emotional Learning Resources Click Here
- Information for Parents: Supporting Children and Adolescence that are Isolated Due to the Coronavirus click here
- Free Resources if you are feeling Upset or Anxious from Calm App
- Remember during this stressful time to:
- Stay Connected to Friends and Family
- Make Time to De-Stress by Doing Something Fun
- Take Care of Your Health - Eat Well, Sleep Well & Exercise
- Create a Passion Project to Help You Feel Excited Rather than Bored
- Find Happiness in the Moments & Look for the Silverlining
Teen Girls And Social Media: A Story Of 'Secret Lives' And Misogyny
This is an informative article for Parents of both Teen Girls & Boys
This may be interesting to you.....Girls on the Run
Meeting twice a week in small teams of 8-15 girls, we teach life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games. The 24-lesson curriculum is taught by certified Girls on the Run coaches and includes three parts: understanding ourselves, valuing relationships and teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large. At each season's conclusion, the girls and their running buddies, complete a 5k running event. Completing a 5k gives the girls a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals.
Do You Want to Understand Your Teen Better?
Dr. Daniel Siegel explains how changes to the adolescent brain transform relationships with peers and parents—and what adults can learn from those changes.
MIT Website For Parents of Teens
Check out his webpage create by MIT for parents of teens. It was Prepared by A. Rae Simpson, PhD, Raising Teens: A Synthesis of Research and a Foundation for Action is the culmination of a groundbreaking initiative to pull together current research on the parenting of adolescents and to distill from it key messages for the media, policymakers, practitioners, and parents. http://hr.mit.edu/static/worklife/teens-youngadults-overview/
Parents - New APP to Prevent Bullying
Get KnowBullying, the free app from SAMHSA that can prevent bullying.
New App to Help Students Stay Calm
for Iphones, Androids & PCs
Stop, Breathe and Think
Check out this new app that will help you learn to you stay calm during difficult situations. If you can stay calm when things get tough you have more control over your actions and thoughts. This makes you more powerful!
The app teaches users mindfulness and meditation which can help us meet the turbulence of our lives with kindness and compassion, and allow us to find peace of mind no matter what's going on.
Please consider using the Parent and Student Portal to set goals for each semester. By checking the portal weekly students can track their progress and make adjustments to their study habits. Please have the students contact me if they would like assistance in setting goals and tracking their progress.
Back to School Night